Tributes are being displayed in Liverpool to mark the 30th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster. Banners with images of the 96 fans who died in a crush at an FA Cup game between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest have been hung at St George's Hall.
A minute's silence will be held in Liverpool when the match was halted on 15 April 1989 at Sheffield's Hillsborough ground. Liverpool's mayor said the city would "stand together in solidarity".
Joe Anderson added: "The 96 have never been forgotten and even though this city is divided by our footballing allegiances, we have been united in supporting the families and Hillsborough survivors for the past 30 years, and will continue to do so."
Earlier this year, former Ch Supt David Duckenfield, who was the match commander, stood trial for the gross negligence manslaughter of 95 fans at the FA Cup semi-final. He denied the charge. Under the law at the time, there can be no prosecution for the 96th victim, Tony Bland, as he died in 1993 following brain damage - more than a year and a day after the disaster.
The jury failed to reach a verdict on Mr Duckenfield but the Crown Prosecution Service said it planned to seek a retrial. However, Mr Duckenfield's lawyers said they would oppose the prosecutors' application for a retrial. Ex-Sheffield Wednesday club secretary Graham Mackrell was found guilty of a health and safety charge.